DPSN moderates comments on our blog posts, Facebook and Twitter. We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view. However, we will delete or edit comments that we consider:
- To be abusive, off-topic, irrelevant or use excessive inappropriate language
- Contain racist, sexist, homophobic or other slurs
- Are solicitations and/or advertising for personal blogs and websites
- Are thread spamming (you’ve posted the same comment elsewhere on the site)
- Contain content that may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws or regulations
- Breach the privacy of any individual (posting personal information about another blogger, commenter, public figure or DPSN staff member without their explicit consent)
Q: I posted a comment, why can’t I see it on the site?
A: There may be one of two reasons for this:
1. The comment may be pending approval. Comments are moderated before they appear on the site and this takes some time. Since DPSN is staffed part time, there is often a delay between a comment being posted and it being approved. Comment will usually be approved with 72 hours. We appreciated your patience and ask that you refrain from posting the same comment repeatedly.
2. Your comment violated the policy above. DPSN aims to provide a medium for engaging and thought-provoking content and we encourage a healthy debate. However we must respect our bloggers and protect them from personal attacks or unnecessarily abusive comments. Bloggers are entitled to the right to share their opinions without being subject to such attacks. All decisions regarding comment deletion or editing are final.
Q: There is a comment that I think is in violation of your policy. What can I do?
If the comment is on the blog, email the Content Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
If the comment is on Facebook or Twitter, email the Social Media Moderator at email@example.com
We will delete or edit the comment if we think it does not comply with our policy. DPSN reserves the right to leave the comment up if we believe that it complies with our policy.
Q: Can I become a blogger?
A: Absolutely. Email the Sam Orchard at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can blog for DPSN.
Q: Why haven’t you answered my email?
DPSN is staffed part-time so a reply may take some time. We endeavor to respond to all emails within 72 hours and we appreciate your patience.
DPSN loves to hear from you, but if your email violates the policy above it won’t be answered.